People knew about useful properties of baking soda from the times of Ancient Egypt. Now we know about 300 ways of its usage, which housewives from all over the world have used for many centuries. In this article you will learn fifteen most popular of them.We are sure you all have baking soda at home. But do you use it only for baking? Well, this versatile and cheap tool can be used not only to relieve the symptoms of heartburn or to bake pies. If you choose the list of products that should always be at hand, baking soda would be, perhaps, the first in the list. This is a universal and widely available product. Baking soda will help you throughout the house, for personal hygiene, and also for dealing with unwanted insects and will simply make everything much easier. Put off all those cleaners and other items purchased at the hardware store, they are so harmful for your health and pollute the environment!
Start using baking soda in all corners of the house and for personal hygiene. You can use it also for cosmetic purposes. For example, for your skin and hair, for struggling with stretch marks and whitening your teeth.
Here are 15 of the most popular ways you can use baking soda:
1. White teeth: For an incredibly effective tooth and gum paste, use a mixture of 1 teaspoon of baking soda 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Brush your teeth with this mixture and make your teeth whiter.
2. Peas and bean softener: Get the peas and beans ready for cooking faster by placing them in water with baking soda.
3. Sunburn remedy: Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to lukewarm bathwater, then soak in the tub for natural relief. When you get out, let your skin air dry, rather than toweling off the excess baking soda, for extra relief.
4. Abscesses: Just mix baking soda and water to make a paste. With a slightly damp cotton ball, apply this paste to the abscess. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Before removing, apply a little pressure to drain the abscess completely.
5. Natural deodorant: If you want to avoid the parabens and aluminum found in many deodorants and antiperspirants, try a pinch of baking soda mixed with water instead. This simple paste makes an effective and simple natural deodorant.
6. Insect bites: Prepare a baking soda and water paste and apply it directly to insect bites to stop the itching.
7. Acidity: Baking soda works by immediately neutralizing stomach acid, helping to relieve heartburn, indigestion and even ulcer pain.
8. Face cleaner: You can use baking soda and water paste to eliminate skin imperfections like wrinkles, blackheads and blemished skin.
9. Jewelry: Baking soda is able to give back to your jewelry the previous shine.
10. The smell in the fridge: Combat the unpleasant odor by placing some baking soda in your fridge.
11. Stains: You can also use baking soda to remove stains.
12. Rough skin: Just put some baking soda in your socks overnight and forget about this unpleasant situation.
13. Bad breath: Baking soda has a mild abrasive action that helps to remove plaque and polish, clean, and deodorize your teeth. Baking soda also has antibacterial activity and has been found to kill bacteria that cause bad breath.
14. Hair: You can use baking soda to clean your scalp and hair. Just mix baking soda and water at a 1 to 3 ratio in a small squeeze bottle. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes on your hair, then wash it off using warm water.
15. Stretch marks: You can use baking soda and water paste to reduce visible stretch marks.
Source: healthiestalternative.com, organicsolutionsportal.com
Why Baking Soda Is One Of The Greatest Things You Could Use. Here Is What You Didn’t Know Baking Soda Could Do
The amazing health benefits of baking soda are undeniable. For one thing, it’s commonly used as a natural remedy against anything from colds to cancer. Plus, it’s extremely beneficial for oral health, personal hygiene, skin and hair care and last, but not least, as a cleaning agent.
In fact, baking soda has such amazing uses that you should always have an ample supply at hand. The health benefits of baking soda include:
- a reduced risk and prevention of diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, acidity, peptic ulcer, and
- drug intoxication
- improved skin and hair quality due to its antipruritic (anti-itching) properties
- effective treatment of cold and flu
- plaque removal,
- prevention of hyperkalemia, bladder infection and kidney stones.
Aside from these, baking soda has many other uses that are less known. Read on and find out how you can reap most of its benefits.
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice with ½ a teaspoon of baking soda. Once the foam disappears, pour water over them and drink the solution right away.
- In case, you suspect that the lemon is sprayed with pesticides, put it into a solution of 2 dl of boiling water, 5-6 tablespoons of vinegar, and a handful of salt. Leave the lemons in this solution for 24 hours.
- In case of severe disease, such as cancer, mix baking soda with black molasses, maple syrup or honey. This treatment lasts for a week or two.
Black treacle: Mix a teaspoon of molasses with baking soda in a glass of water and drink the solution once a day.
Maple syrup: Mix maple syrup and baking soda in a ratio of 3 to 1. Heat the mixture on a low heat and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a bottle once the foam disappears and keep it refrigerated. Take one teaspoon a day.
Honey: The procedure is the same as with maple syrup.
Enema: Put a couple of tablespoons of baking soda into a liter of water.
This treatment is recommended for people who undergo chemotherapy and radiation, as it extracts uranium and other heavy metals from the body. You should add 2.5 kg of baking soda and 1.5 kg of salt in a hot tub and soak for a while.
Baking soda bath is also used to remove dead skin cells, muscle tension, and fatigue. For this purpose, add a cup of baking soda into a hot bath.
Half a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a glass of water is considered as one dose. On the first day of the treatment, you should take one dose every two hours. On the second day, you should take 4 doses at an interval of 2 hours. On the third day, take two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening. On the fourth day, you should continue with taking two doses.
The therapy for the first week includes taking 6 glasses of the solution on a daily basis. One cup comprises a teaspoon of baking soda and a cup of water. The second week, you should continue to drink twice a day. The third week, you need to drink 2 glasses once a day. The treatment lasts 21 days or three weeks.
4. Prostate Cancer
Mix a teaspoon of baking soda and molasses in a glass of water. Drink a glass daily for 4 consecutive days. On the fifth day, you should drink two glasses by using the same ratio. Starting from the sixth day and all through the eleventh day, you need to mix two teaspoons of molasses and soda and drink the solution twice daily.
5. Insect Bites or Sunburn
Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply onto the painful area. Rinse well once it dries well.
6. Nail Smoother
Mix three parts baking soda and one part water to create a scrub to exfoliate nails. Rub the mixture in circular motions over hands and fingers. This simple method will significantly smooth the nail surface.
7. Foot Care
In case of rough patches on your feet, you should blend two tablespoons of baking soda in a basin of warm water. Soak the feet in this foot soak and then mix 3 parts of baking soda and 1 part of water to create a scrub which effectively exfoliates callused areas.
Soda for Home Use
1. Cleaning the Machine
Put ½ cup of baking soda in the program of washing and rinsing.
2. Fruits and Vegetables
Wash fruits and vegetables in a bowl of water and 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda to remove any pesticide residue.
3. Yeast Dough
Mix equal amount of baking soda with citric acid or powdered vitamin C. By using this method, the dough will not need a lot of time to grow.
4. Onion Smell on Your Hands
Rub your hands with a mixture of baking soda and water.
5. Upholstered Furniture or Wallpaper
Spray a mixture of baking soda and water and let it work for 10 minutes.
6. Trashcan Smell
Sprinkle some baking soda on the bottom of the can.
7. Unpleasant Odors in the Fridge
Put half a cup of baking soda in the fridge.
8. Debris on the Pan or Barbecue
Dab a mixture of soda and water and leave it for 10 minutes.
Source: healthyfoodteam.com, http://healthycures.org