Did you know that you don’t have to lie down to work your ab muscles? One can tone his stomach on the bus, in the office, or any other place he chooses. Below are 6 exercises for a flat belly that you can do right in a chair.
6 Exercises for a Flat Belly That You Can Do Right in a Chair
Planks are very effective in toning the abs, so they are ideal when you are wanting to reduce belly fat. The steps to performing planks in a chair are
- Place your hands on the edge of your chair and and walk your feet backwards until they are hip-width apart and your body is at a comfortable angle.
- Lift your hips so that your body is completely straight from shoulder to heels.
- Hold this position for 20 to 60 seconds.
Alternate Your Elbows and Knees
This is one of the funner workouts because it requires a lot of movement.
- Sit in a chair with your back straight.
- Place your hands either on the sides of your head or around your head.
- Begin twisting your body by raising your right knee to meet your left elbow.
- Hold this position for one second before alternating knees and elbows.
- Repeat for the desired amount of reps.
Double Knee Lift
This exercise will gently work your stomach muscles.
- Hold the sides of the chair with both hands and keep your legs together.
- Keep your back straight as you lift your knees to your chest. You know you’re lifting your knees correctly if you feel your abs tense.
- Lower your feet, but don’t allow them to touch the floor.
This belly workout is a little harder than the others.
- Sit on the front edge of the chair and extend your legs.
- Hold the edges of the chair that are behind you.
- Raise your legs six inches from the floor and lean back.
- Begin bringing your knees towards your chest as you lean forward.
- This exercise is repeated by extending your legs out then forcefully bringing your knees to your chest.
This is an easier workout.
- Sit on the front of the chair and lean backwards. Your head should be hovering over the back of the chair, and your arms should be extended.
- Allow your back and head to hover as close to the chair as possible without actually touching it.
- Hold this position for as long as you’d like.
Bored Ab Trick
Appearing bored has toning benefits. This inconspicuous workout can be done in the office or any public place.
- Sit in front of a desk or table.
- Place your right elbow on the desk with your head on or near your right hand.
- Raise your right foot an inch or two off the floor as you lean into your right elbow.
- Alternate elbows and feet as you repeat for your desired amount of reps.
With these workouts, getting in shape doesn’t have to clash with your daily schedule. Exercises for a flat belly can be very convenient. Try these workouts, and before you know it, you’ll be saying “hello” to a flatter stomach.
7 Best Exercises Exercises To Get Rid Of Folds On Your Back And Sides
Try out the following 7 exercises to work on your back muscles and get a perfectly toned up back :
1. Forward Bends – 2 to 3 Sets of 10 to 15 Reps
Stand straight keeping your feet shoulder width apart. Lean forward without bending your knees and try to touch the floor with your palms. Try to reach the floor.
2. Side Bends – 3 Sets Of 15 to 20 Reps Each Side
Stand straight with your feet wide apart. Raise either of your hand up and place your palm on the back of your head. Take a dumbbell in your other hand and lower it down. Bend your head towards your arm with dumbbell.
3. Push Ups – 2 To 3 Sets Of 20 to 30 Push Ups
To do this exercise, get into plank position with your hands under and slightly outside your shoulder width. Lower your body until your chest touches the floor with your arms at the elbows. Pause and return back to starting position. Perform this exercise under supervision until you have mastered it.
4. Bow Pose – 1 Set Of 20 To 60 Seconds
To perform this exercise, lie flat on your stomach. Pull your arms forward, bend your back and slowly lift your head. Lift your legs and bring your heels close to your buttocks. Reach back with both hands and hold your ankles. Inhale and hold the pose for at least 10 to 15 seconds. Exhale, and return back to starting position.
5. Superman – 3 To 4 Sets Of 15 To 20 Reps
To do this exercise, lie down straight on your stomach on a mat. Keep your feet and arms stretched out. Lift up your arms and legs simultaneously bending your back. Hold the position for few seconds and return back to starting position.
6. Upper Back Lifts On Stability Ball – 1 To Sets Of 12 To 15 Reps
Lie on your belly on a stability ball with your legs shoulder width apart and palms on the back of your head. Keeping your neck straight, raise your head and lower your shoulders and upper back. Hold the position for few seconds and return to starting position.
7. Full Bridge 1 To 2 Sets Of 3 To 5 Seconds
This exercise will need a lot of practice and supervision. For the first few weeks, follow the above given exercises to bring the flexibility in your body. To do this exercise, lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor hip width apart. Bend your arms and place your hands above your head. Press your legs and arms firmly and bend your back up lifting your body above the ground. Hold the position on the highest point for few seconds and return back to starting position again. Initially lift your body only half way up, this will form a half bridge, to do the full bridge you will need to practice it under the supervision of qualified trainer.